Monday 8 June 2015

Project Life | Week 15...

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome to Project Life Monday.  Today I am sharing my PL2015, focusing in on Week 15 | April 13 - 19.
 
 
In my last blog post, I shared three simple methods of creating filler cards. Today I have incorporated these cards directly into my weekly spread.
 
 
This week I would like to also share with you, how I document sporting events or in our household...sporting obsessions! At the moment, we seem to be living, breathing and sleeping hockey.  The season is fully upon us and my two older boys are relishing it!  That of course doesn't exclude my husband or youngest son.  Hubby just happens to manage the 9-12 year old boys hockey team and even though our five year old is too young to play, he is constantly practising and  involved in the game. Heaven help me when I have three boys playing in three different teams, at three different times of the day.  Yep.  That's my every weekend gone form March through to September! *sigh*
 
Like most events where I have copious amounts of photos to chose from and limited space to share, photo collages come to my rescue.  My boys play in different teams and I always try to include details from each of their games.  And naturally I will try to have a photo capture of the two of them together.  That pipe dream however, is not always a success!

 
Hockey is so all consuming right now, that during this week I had to scrap on the go! I took my PL with me to the game and set up my project on a fold away camp table! I'm not even joking. If I hope to get any creative time over the weekends, this is what I need to resort to! *grin*
 
 
My Week in Review journaling is a little lacking this week. There are snippets of information filtering through about our daily life, but not a great deal.
 

 
What non-sporting photos I have, are clustered together in a series format and highlighted with a cohesive embellishment.
 

 
 
On page two, I've added Elle's Studio woodgrain alphabet stickers directly to the white space on my photo.  They help to convey the mini story in that pocket.
 

 
I've layered gold foil Studio Calico alphas on a gold label element to provide the weekly dates.
 

 
And documented our current hockey life on a Pink Paislee Atlas patterned paper card, cut down to fit the pocket.
 

 
 Sometimes it is also important to take photos from your point of view too. Especially if you find yourself on or around the sporting fields on a regular basis.  Most often when we take photos of sports it is the action we like to focus on.  Having taken this photo from my seat gives the reader of my PL2015 the perspective I have when I am watching my sons games.
 

Thanks for visiting today and having a glimpse into my weekend lifestyle!
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_392_1151&product_id=9621
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9571
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9558
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9557
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_745_1128&product_id=9128
 
Atlas Altitude Paper 12x12
 
Atlas Take Flight Paper 12x12
 
Poolside Admit One  Paper 12x12
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Cardstock Die-Cuts
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Leanne.... you PL spreads actually make me wish I still made a PL album...and that's saying something. I just LOVE the way you memory keep.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete

09 10