Monday 13 July 2015

Project Life | Week 19...

Hello Sassy Friends! It's Project Life Monday once again and today I am sharing my Week 19 spread, created using the gorgeous new Simple Stories Summer Vibes now in store.
 

Week 19 is bright and fun and I've taken full advantage of the Summer Vibes Sn@p cards for these two Project Life pages.

 
This collection has a lovely colour palette and depending on how you use it, it can be jazzed up to suit bright, sporty photos or downplayed to suit those quiet moments we manage to capture for Project Life. 
 
 
The Summer Vibes White Wood/Grid paper is one of my favourites in this collection.  Its neutral base allows my photos to come alive and provides adequate space for journaling without distraction.
 

 
This week I've also documented our current tastes in music.  Our playlist is quite long and we listen to it in the car as we travel to and from sporting events.  To help document this, I've visited Pinterest and pinned free images of the six recent album covers or lyric quotes that have been added to our list.  Each image was cropped to the same size and edited in Photoshop to fit onto a 4"x6" printout.
 
 
As I have already mentioned the music, I felt the need to relate its relevancy to the spread.  The die cut Combi Van from the Summer Vibes Bits and Pieces, represents the travelling/driving. My boys hockey training/playing fields are a 45minute drive from where we live. Trust me... this is quite the commitment and music helps make the journey go faster!
 
 
On page two I wanted to highlight our mini stories.
 
I love that once again the Sn@p cards provide both the inspiration and ideal quotes to fill out my page.  Sometimes it's the simple things said quietly that make the most impact.  I don't need much more than the beautifully designed cards that slip directly into my pockets.
 

 
Adding a layer from the coordinating Bits and Pieces however, creates interest and a few of my photo inserts for this week, have had the label stickers (Summer Vibes Expression Stickers) added directly to the image. After catching the viewer's eye with these labels, I support the story in more detail, close by.
 
 
 
 
This Week's title pocket is a smaller 3"x4". I've kept it simple using the White Wood/Grid paper as my base and layered two thirds of the card with Summer Vibes Selfie patterned paper.
 

Some of the larger 4"x6" pockets have been split in half by adding just a 3"x4" Sn@p card and a 3"x4" photo. Tip: I always try to position a photo where the subject is looking back into the spread to help keep the audience engaged.

 
Finally, layering smaller 3"x4" PL cards off-centre in a 4"x6" pocket creates white space, easing the viewers eye as it leaves the spread.
 
 
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check out the rest of the Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection found here..x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Summer Vibes Selfie Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes Oh Hello Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes White Wood/Grid Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes Sn@p Cards  Summer Vibes Bits and Pieces Summer Vibes Expression Sticker Sheet Made of Awesome Alphabet Stickers 6x12 Made of Awesome Mixed Up Paper 12x12 Essentials Sequins Orange and Yellow
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you sewed that feather skirt. Beautifully mellow, and as always, perfectly put together Leanne!

    ReplyDelete

09 10